Thursday 21 February 2008

A Tight Fit! 07.06.07

Robbie had one of his 'moments' in the supermarket last night. I can't exactly call it a tantrum because he didn't 'dance' in the way he did when I wanted to buy a lager bottle of tomato ketchup and he was adamant that I couldn't because it wouldn't fit (in the fridge). I was severely tempted to fit it elsewhere at the time, but now the memory just makes me laugh. This little episode was caused by me choosing a different size pack of tea bags because they were on offer. I had done the maths and they worked out cheaper than the larger pack and more importantly they fitted the cupboard better, but 'you know who' couldn't cope with such a major change in his routine. He started to become 'animated' and demanded that we go off and do the maths again, but he was drawing a crowd so I hurried him towards the checkout, still complaining loudly and trying to dodge back to the tea bags. If his behaviour wasn't bad enough, he risked his own physical well-being by suggesting very loudly that I was autistic - look in the mirror Robbie!!

We got home, had our meal and tidied up, but he was still rambling on about tea bags. I really must stop him reading the Grocer if it has this sort of effect on him! I would understand it if he drank tea, but he doesn't he always has coffee, I am the tea drinker. As if he hadn't already said enough he pronounced that I was so much like his Grandma because she used to buy food in packs to fit the cupboards too! Thanks for that Robbie, I really needed cheering up! I can manage to feel far too old old without any help from my family!

With a little help from Sam, I feel that I have had my revenge. On Monday I asked Robbie to buy Sam some new pants and he went to H&M to get them. Unfortunately he bought briefs and Sam was horrified, he likes boxers. Robbie was duly despatched to H&M to exchange them, this time the style was OK, but the colours were so wrong, I am sure they were designed to go with the technicolor dreamcoat! So Robbie has to go back yet again to change them. He was really ranting about it because the assistants will think he is some sort of pervert. Poor old Robbie!

No comments: