Wednesday 20 February 2008

Piece and Quiet 17.05.07

I was in trouble tonight for telling Robbie to shut up. I can usually manage not to resort to such drastic measures, but today it just slipped out in an unguarded moment. I have mentioned before that Robbie takes the Fred Elliott approach to conversation, he tells you everything at least twice and if you cultivate a deaf ear he just gets louder! Sometimes he also suffers from 'Jim Trott Syndrome' (Vicar of Dibley) he spends half an hour appearing to say one thing and ends up saying another. I instantly felt guilty for being sharp with him and he compounded the guilty feelings later in the evening when he spent ages cleaning my car out ready for it's mot tomorrow.

He's off to a gig tomorrow evening to see The Rumble Strips, Pull Tiger Tail, The Little Ones and Blood Red Shoes. Whatever floats his boat I suppose, but I will enjoy the peace and quiet - while it lasts!

No comments: