Wednesday 20 February 2008

Multi-tasking 06.05.07

I am recovering from an ironing marathon. Knowing Robbie's passion for detail I will be a little more precise about the ironing, 22 shirts, 7 pairs of trousers, 43 tops and T shirts and a selection of unmentionable sundries. It is a brilliant feeling to clear the ironing pile despite the certain knowledge that there will be more waiting for me by tomorrow evening. Our tumble drier has broken, it made some clunky noises, then it started to sound as if there was a guinea pig trapped inside and now it is all noise and no action (must be male!) it doesn't go round and it gets too hot. I hate that machine, it less than 18 months old and we have had the man out to mend it so often that the neighbours started asking questions. I will never buy another Indesit product and I will never bother with a condenser dryer again - far too much trouble!
Robbie made a little mistake today (please note this because it is very rare to get an admission of this sort!). He is getting very good a cooking and he was cooking Sunday lunch. He lit the oven and made a prompt start on the meal, everything was going well until considerably later when he realised that he had left the meat on the worktop and he had been heating an empty oven for an hour or so! To be fair he had been busy working on the garden as well as cooking so I can see why he didn't notice what he had done. Never mind, it was well worth the wait, it was a lovely lunch.

I finally managed to get Robbie's attention this evening - I found him an online map showing the route of an old railway line. Better still the map proved that I had been correct in my theory about the route the line had followed, Robbie was determined that it couldn't possibly have gone that way! Sherlock Burgess is determined to walk around the area looking for any surviving trace of the old railway, so that should keep him out of mischief for a day or two.

No comments: