Wednesday 20 February 2008

A Walk on the Wild Side 21.05.07

I didn't see much of Robbie over the weekend, he spent Saturday on the wild side - in Walsall, and then on Sunday he went off to a gig in Birmingham in the evening and didn't get back until it was way past my bedtime. Then this morning all he could manage to talk about was chaos created by Central Trains cancelling services left, right and centre yesterday. Oddly enough at 6am I can't summon up too much interest in the disgraceful behaviour of Central Trains, in fact the only thing that interests me at that time is my first cup of tea of the day!
I couldn't even get away from railway news at work. I switched Radio 4 on just in time to hear Christian Wolmar pronounce that South West Trains decision to redefine peak times as contrary to common sense. It seems that peak time now extends to noon. I'm sure they keep that man in a cupboard on charge so that whenever the world railway is mentioned they can wheel him out to state the blindingly obvious!

This evening Robbie is sitting in the corner emitting strange tinny sounds - he is listening to Blood Red Shoes with his headphones on. I don't mind too much as long as he doesn't start to sing along! In fact I could do with some headphones myself, I have been bombarded with mind boggling questions this weekend. Sam tried to explain to me about the ageing effect of space travel, but it made my brain hurt. He said that if there were identical twins and one went into space while the other stayed behind, one would end up older than the other. Having thought about it, he must be right, I saw William Shatner on TV not so long ago and all that space travel has clearly taken its toll on him!

No comments: