Thursday 21 February 2008

Off The Rails 21.06.07

So Silverlink lost the West Midlands franchise, I can't say I am too sad about that, they didn't exactly sparkle and they had some devastatingly miserable staff. On the other hand my 321's will go and I am pretty sad about that, I can't explain why I like them, I just do. The livery reminds me of the old style Cadbury's dairy milk wrapper and it seems comfortable and familiar. OK, 350's may be more comfortable, but it will not seem right not seeing the 'Dusty Bins' at Northampton.

Robbie came with me to pick Emily up from the Music Centre. On the way home we were chatting about the change of franchise when Emily said that she needed to tell me something. She told me that I was getting as bad as Robbie - that's impossible!

I see that First Great Western are still getting it spectacularly wrong in the South West. The latest fiasco defies belief. FGW produced and sent out a map indicating a direct rail link between Falmouth and Redruth, just one slight problem, no rails! There is no rail link between those towns so sending out the info as part of a cheap fares promotion was a bit of an oversight to say the least. No wonder their passengers call them Worst Late Western!!

Perhaps the fictional track was intended to complement the non existent seats and their fantasy timetable!

No comments: