Thursday 21 February 2008

Newquay - The VW Camper Van Capital 29.05.07


Today was much better, a lovely sunny day with very little breeze. I was able to go out and take some photos from the coast path and Sam enjoyed some time on the beach. We could have spent the entire day on the beach, but the children (and Robbie) were bursting to go to Newquay, so at midday we headed off for some serious shopping. Robbie and the girls love the surf fashion and enjoy checking out all the shops. Sam likes all the gift shops and is increasingly interested in fashion as well. I like to visit Newquay, but I am always happy to drive away again after an hour or two. It is a bit too loud and brash for me to want to stay too long. It is a very odd mix really, hotels bursting with geriatrics and a loud clubby town bursting with young people behaving as if they were on an 18-30 holiday. It is good to get back to good old sedate Padstow. The best thing about Newquay as far as I am concerned is the camper vans. It is the capital of the VW camper van; it is absolutely bursting with them. There is something about them that I can’t explain, but I would love to own one.

Sam and Laura bought lifeguard tops, they look quite good. I made an early start on my Christmas shopping and bought my first two presents! Robbie, well what can I say, I simply don’t have the words to express my frustration. Today he struggled to live up to his shoe size nevermind his age! Sometimes I think he does it on purpose, just to enjoy making up again!

No comments: