Saturday 16 February 2008

He's Just A Sad Crank! 15.04.07

It was a bit of a shock when I woke up this morning to find Robbie looking at me. I had forgotten that he had been 'to have his ears lowered' yesterday and his frighteningly short hair takes a bit of getting used to. It is part of his 'grand plan' to disguise his thinning hair, but he will never admit it. We cuddled up to enjoy the last few minutes before the demands of the day forced us into action. I was just thinking how comfortable and secure it felt and how such moments are so fleeting, when Robbie spoiled everything. He was muttering to himself (or to his invisible friend) but clearly the warmth of the moment had been lost on him. He was planning his travel arrangements to go to see D9009 at a gala in Yorkshire next weekend! Oh well, at least it helps me to keep things in perspective, how foolish of me to forget for a moment that in Robbie's world I could never compete with a deltic. I wouldn't feel so bad if he was planning his getaway to see his favourite train, but this is just one that he quite likes, his favourite is still out of action. In a moment of frustration I suggested that the only way I was likely to get any attention from him would be if I had myself painted and tattooed with D9000. I was horrified to see his eyes light up at the prospect. He's just a sad crank! Oh well, if I am going to be abandoned next weekend I will have to find other things to keep me entertained - probably the ironing!

No comments: