Saturday 16 February 2008

What a High Powered Life He Leads! 17.04.07

Robbie has been especially helpful and attentive over the last few days. I'm not fooled, I know he is 'ust trying to get his 'pass signed' for next weekend. I have occasionally toyed with the thought of Robbie being a house husband, it sounds like an appealing prospect in the abstract, but the reality would be less pleasing. I had a little glimpse of it this evening when Robbie was loading the washing machine and he proved beyond doubt that he is 'on the spectrum' by being totally obsessive and unreasonable about how the colours are sorted. He survived unharmed, but only because it would be cowardly to 'deck' a man when he is kneeling down! I really couldn't cope with the in depth debate about whether a dark navy towel can go in the dark wash as logic suggests or whether as Robbie believes it should go in with the blues because it is not black. Please, someone take him away and let him play with trains!

Once the 'great colour debate' had been settled Robbie appeared to be doing some complicated mental calculation while assisting me to serve our evening meal. After a while he said to himself "22 minutes, I would only have 22 minutes, it would be tight but I could do it." I had to enquire about his mutterings and he explained that if he goes cranking on Saturday he will only have 22 minutes at New Street and he will have to get to Mc Donalds to redeem his ticket for a free egg and bacon mc muffin and then back in time for his next train. What a high powered life he leads!

No comments: