Saturday 16 February 2008

Why Does He Have To Be Quite So Unique? 16.04.07

Robbie left for work this morning feeling totally worn out, even putting his tie on seemed like too much effort and he postponed that little task until he was on the train and the caffeine in his 2nd coffee of the day had started to kick in. I decided to get my moneys worth out of him at the weekend as he is still threatening to abandon me next Saturday. I kept him really busy and by the end of Sunday he had discovered aching muscles in places that he didn't even know he had! I was also busy all day, and by the evening both front and back gardens looked much more pleasing.

I have had to ban a couple of 'd' words (diesel and deltic) because Robbie is driving me mad talking about the deltic event next weekend and another diesel gala that he hopes to go to. They say that love is blind, well maybe it is, but sadly it is not deaf or dumb! I woke up to him chattering about deltics and he rumbled on all day until I had to beg him to shut up. By this time it was past 1am and we were in bed, but he was still chattering relentlessly about routes, Baker's, train times and Alycidon. I had to plead wit him to let me get some sleep!

On the subject of sleep, I was reasonably indulgent about being woken up at 5am so that Robbie could leave early for work. He is going to Leeds today and I know that he has planned his journey so that he can travel on an HST, but when I was fully awake it crossed my mind to ask why he had to leave so early. Fortunately for him his reply left me speechless - but I will have something to say tonight! He had to leave so early because he wanted to drop his sandwiches off at work first!!! I love him dearly but sometimes I wonder why he has to be quite so unique!

No comments: