Thursday 21 February 2008

Humble Pie 14.06.07

I have been in dispute with Robbie for months about the origins of a building not far from the site of the old St John's Station in Northampton. I was convinced that something about the architecture suggested that it had railway origins, but Robbie was equally adamant that the location was slightly wrong and that it didn't look like a railway building, in fact he had a bit of a sulk when I wouldn't accept his opinion. I read everything I could find about the station, but I couldn't find anything about that particular building. Yesterday Robbie made a new friend on the train (not Desmond!) and in conversation he found out that the building that I wanted to know more about was the old Station Masters house. I was so pleased to find out about the building but I got most pleasure from watching Robbie eat humble pie!

No comments: