Wednesday 20 February 2008

Playing Chicken 08.05.07

We had to make an emergency dash to our local retail park to buy sawdust for Shadow (Sam's Guinea Pig). The streets were quiet with that unreal bank holiday feeling until we got to the retail park and found that the entire town had decided to go shopping! It was hard to find a parking space especially one big enough for a Galaxy, but at last I found one. As I drew into the space Sam and Laura shouted at me to stop. The space was occupied - by two suicidal ducks! I edged forward and they stayed put, I revved the engine and they ignored me, the children shouted out of the window at them, but they didn't notice us. finally Sam had to get out and chase them away. I think they must be providing holiday cover for the suicidal pheasants who annoy me by playing 'chicken' as I drive to and from work. Ducks certainly have more style, pheasants are the most stupid creatures.

No comments: