Saturday 16 February 2008

A Short Saga 27.04.07

I had to pop into town briefly this morning and since I was already in a clothes shop for something else I decided that I would buy Robbie some shorts. After all, my choice couldn't be worse than his selection last Friday when both pairs had to be returned. I chose a pair which absolutely screamed Robbie at me, they were dark blue with big white flowers on. OK I know it sounds hideous, but have you seen the stuff that man wears! The second pair were a little more conservative, navy with a surfer design on one side.

When Robbie got home I took him to exchange the 2 pairs that he bought last week. When he returned to the car he seemed pleased with the replacement shorts he had chosen. One pair had a rather loud brown orange and cream pattern, they were quite nice really. I favour a much more subtle colours and patterns when I choose my own clothes, but it he likes loud colours I can live with it - most of the time! I found the other pair of shorts a bit more challenging. They were predominantly an off white colour with a stripe of brown and a stripe of orange around each leg. As soon as he showed them to me it an old TV program flashed into my mind - Randal and Hopkirk (deceased)! I must admit that they looked better when he tried them on, but I think it is possible that they may prove to be see through when wet - what a thought!

Both the pairs of shorts that I bought fitted him perfectly, but Robbie was not impressed. The flowers on the loud pair had slightly blurred edges and he announced that he preferred clearly defined shapes. He said the navy ones were OK, but he prefers bolder colours. That must be why he is cavorting about the house a pair of navy shorts and a navy top with Subbuteo men on the front. Yes, this is one of those rare occasions when he isn't wandering around the house in his PJ's. I shouldn't have mentioned PJ's it's a very touchy subject just now.

No comments: