Saturday 16 February 2008

Tiredness Can Kill 19.04.07

It was yet another early start for Robbie and yet another trip to Leeds. He claims he has an important meeting, but he was unable to hide his enthusiasm for the journey. As usual I was bombarded with information including detailed timing of his journey, points of interest on route and the impending demise of the HST. All very interesting I'm sure, but at 5.30am the only thing on my mind is sleep and Robbie seems incapable of picking up on my pleas for him to shut up. Maybe he likes to live dangerously, but we all know that 'tiredness can kill' and this tired woman may just be driven to murder if he doesn't learn to button it! I think a court would take pity on me, if I told them about Robbie's trait of providing a running commentary as he get's dressed. Imagine the scene, just back from the shower 'Homer' Burgess stands over by the wardrobe stark naked choosing a shirt - he speaks to each one explaining why he has not chosen it! When the shirt has been selected he turns to his extensive tie collection and runs through the same process. By this time I am feeling positively murderous and I am forced to leave my warm bed to seek sanctuary in the bathroom with the relative sanity of Radio 4.

On the subject of living dangerously, I almost died of shock last night. I had gone to bed leaving Robbie playing with his computer. The next thing I knew I was jolted awake and there was a figure looming over me. My heart pounded and in my sleepy confusion I was really scared until I realized that it was Robbie. Apparently he was trying to wake me up gently to tell me about an online shop that he'd found which sells Dr Marten shoes - do I care!! To be fair he also wanted to tell me that he had loaded a new version of AOL on my laptop. I don't like being woken up, but I get really dangerous when people interfere with my computer. He claims it is faster, but I hate it, my version had a nice female English voice, this one has an irritating male American voice. I can't live with that, so tonight Mr B will be removing this version and reinstalling my old one!

No comments: