Thursday 21 February 2008

Robbie Clone - It's Scary 12.06.07

Sam feels that he gets too many mentions on the blog and he thinks it is about time that I included some embarrassing memories about his siblings. I thought I would start with an episode that still makes us all chuckle. Sam and Robbie are frighteningly similar, but Robbie and Seb are clones - it is scary! Like someone else we know, Seb never gives the abridged version of whatever he has to say, he includes the most intricate details and his stories have been known to go on for so long that people have to beg for mercy.

On this particular occasion Seb and i were chatting about death, I can't remember why, but conversation with Seb is always a bit of a rollercoaster and the conversation can swerve from one subject to another alarmingly fast. Anyway, Seb started to tell me about the funeral of a relative who had died several years earlier and he told me how sad it was. He described every tiny detail of the funeral and I felt my eyes fill with tears as he explained how the widow of the deceased ran forward and tried to prevent the coffin from disappearing behind the curtain at the crematorium. It sounded so sad and we were silent for several minutes until Seb's voice burst through the silence as he said, 'Oh, I have just remembered, I got it a bit wrong'. I looked at him enquiringly and he continued 'actually, he was buried'.

No comments: