Saturday 16 February 2008

Back to Reality 10.04.07

It was back to reality with a bump this morning. I did not have to go to work, but 'Thunderfoot' Burgess made absolutely sure that I was wide awake at just after 6am. That man is so noisy - but at least he makes a good cup of tea! I sat in bed enjoying my tea, listening to him going up and down stairs muttering to himself, something about choosing what shirt to wear and where had he put his socks (beware of men in white coats!). I honestly don't know why he goes up and down stairs so much in the morning, maybe he is just checking that they are all still there! He has a tendency to count the stairs each time he goes up and down.

I think Robbie was secretly keen to get back to work, I have never met anyone who loved their job as much as he does, I can't see the attraction myself, but I guess it is just as well we are all different otherwise the trains would grind to a halt.

Once Robbie was safely off the premises I set about the washing mountain that has popped up like a mushroom almost overnight. I couldn't understand why the dryer was taking an age to dry the load that I had found in it. On closer inspection I found it was packed so tightly that it was impossible for the air to circulate. I later discovered that this was Emily's work and I had to explain that tumble dryers only work if the items inside can actually tumble! Poor old Emily, at least she tried.

I had an email this morning to tell me that someone who has just discovered the blog thinks Robbie is very cute! Its an odd world! I hope nobody shows her the calendar or she will be terrified.

No comments: