Saturday 16 February 2008

Fixed Assets 29.04.07

Saturday mornings are special, after a week full of early mornings and rushing around to get everyone despatched to school or work on time, I look forward to that precious freedom to switch my alarm clock off and sleep until I am ready to get up. That's the theory anyway, but somehow things conspire to drag me out of bed, just like every other morning. This morning it was Megan, she had an early appointment at the vet for her annual boosters. I wasn't too keen on getting up, but Meg was even less impressed she hates going to the vet. She got out of the car like Scooby Doo, her tail was tucked right under her chin and she seemed to have her knees bent and her belly almost on the floor. Within minutes she was out again and heading home, but still a little subdued by the experience.
Robbie made his first mistake of the day on the way home. He spotted a friend of ours and he commented to me that he was sure nature has to be given a helping hand because her figure looks unnatural. I hadn't even noticed her bust (or lack of it!) and I think my Paddington Bear stare signalled my disapproval very clearly. Robbie is a very slow learner at times and despite the warning signals he was back on dangerous territory just a few hours later. This time he was pointing out clothing that he considered spoiled the lines of symmetry on a woman. There are a number of aspects to my own figure that spoil the lines of symmetry and to be quite honest it would take divine intervention to rectify those defects. Much as I love Robbie I have to admit that his shape is 'non standard' and since we do posses a mirror at home I thought that he should perhaps have been more tolerant of minor faults in others!

It is quite true that you see some very odd expressions of individuality and I occasionally find myself looking at a particular 'sight' and wondering if they are completely unloved. I can't imagine letting someone I cared about become a laughing stock because of a fashion faux pas, I would try to find a kind way to make them aware of it. My own obsession is men's socks, I simply don't understand why they behave as if they are colour-blind when it comes to socks. My GP used to wear a functional grey suit with brown shoes and navy socks - whatever possessed him to do that!

No comments: