Saturday 16 February 2008

Pushing His Luck! 02.04.07

My husband must think I'm stupid! He's probably right, but he will have to get a lot more subtle if he thinks he can pull the wool over my eyes. On Saturday he found out that the Happy Mondays are due to play in Northampton while we are away on holiday at the end of May. To say that he was gutted is an understatement, but when I offered him the chance to stay at home and go to the gig he declined. However Baldrick Burgess has been hatching a cunning plan over the week end and this evening he offered to travel to Cornwall by train so that there would be more room for luggage in the car (I presume he would delay his journey until after the gig!). I had a taste of that last year when I drove down to Cornwall and Robbie followed on by rail, I had the pleasure of unpacking the car on my own, making up the beds, doing the shopping etc etc. Then I had to drive miles to pick him up! At the end of the holiday I had to repeat the whole process in reverse - I needed another holiday after that!

Last August Robbie didn't travel to Norfolk with us because he had to go to the Deltic day to see his first love - The Royal Scots Grey. I took 5 children and dog with me - do you know how many toilet stops that involved! I am sure the Burgess babes have over active bladders! I coped because I like him to be happy, but I think he is pushing his luck a bit now. We are only going to Plymouth for 3 days, but he has made plans to spend one of those days exploring the South Devon Railway (again!). Men!!! If he had to choose between me and a train, the train would win every time!

No comments: