Saturday 16 February 2008

Help 29.03.07

This morning while I was still half asleep I made a seemingly innocent remark, I said that I hated milk floats, because they drive slowly, park inconsiderately, obstruct traffic and they wake me up at a ridiculously hour when they deliver to my neighbour. I observed that country milk deliveries were done in a more suitable vehicle that could drive at a sensible speed and was capable of getting out of my way. Fool! I had unwittingly prompted a monologue on the power supply of the milk float. This lead seamlessly on to power issues with pendolinos, and on to dual power, this in turn lead to a quick detour to French railways and back to the Magic Roundabout. Yes, I did say the Magic Roundabout! You must be wondering how he managed to make that connection - me too! He made a rumbling growling sort of noise that sounded like the agonised moaning from a constipated cow. I said he sounded like Ermintrude, but apparently it was his impression of a class 92 starting up! By this time I was begging for silence, but I still had a lot more 'verbal' to 'enjoy' - it began with the third rail and ranged on and on over miles of track and every conceivable power problem ever encountered on the railways.

No comments: