Thursday 21 February 2008

Secret Weapon 19.06.07

I can't say that Monday mornings ever fill me with unbounded joy, but this morning proved extremely challenging. Thankfully we had planned a slightly later start today due to a GP appointment so Robbie and I were still at home just after 8am, Laura was at home too. As I glanced up my attention was attracted by a flash of movement in the back garden and I realised that there was a man dodging around in the garden. Robbie, who was wearing only PJ bottoms went out to see off the intruder. I am not sure if he intended to scare the fugitive into submission, but it seems he was fairly effective. The man took one look at Robbie and ran shouting and swearing towards our neighbours fence. He cleared the obstacle with ease, but the scene became even more surreal when two policemen popped up and pursued the man. One followed the man into our neighbours garden, but the other clearly felt that enough was enough and gave up. Robbie let the policeman through the house to the street in time to see an extremely vocal and foul mouthed youth man being led towards the police car. With that much drama before 9am it is no surprise that the rest of my day was fairly challenging too.

No comments: