Thursday 21 February 2008

An Explosive Problem 03.02.07

I was most reluctant to leave Cornwall and drag myself back to reality, but after a good night's sleep I have to admit there is nothing quite like your own bed. We had a new mattress recently and it is very comfortable, it is one of those that has extra support in all the right places, the only problem is Robbie put it on the wrong way round so the head end is where the feet should be and vise versa - typical!

Sam and I went to collect Meg from the Kennels this morning. She was pleased to see us, but not as excited as I expected until I reversed the car on to the drive, then she got really excited and she came bounding into the house to find Robbie. Sam was looking forward to getting his Guinea pig back from Grandma's, but knowing Grandma's passion for feeding everyone to capacity he was worried that Shadow would be anything but a shadow. As he put it, 'she could be the size of a Capybara by now' but his fears were groundless, she was fine and not super sized at all.

On the subject of super sized Robbie came to bed and woke me up at 3am to tell me that he thought his stomach was going to explode. I think he must have had a bad dream because he made a miraculous recovery. Just to be sure, he tested his stomach to the limit this afternoon when we went to tea at my mum's. He ate, and ate but even Robbie couldn't completely demolish that spread. He is such a creep, he told my mum she is the best mother in law in the world, hopefully that isn't just because she feeds him!
Robbie and I had a strong disagreement (not argument) about the most stupid thing this afternoon. It was all about how to solve the problem of bikes on trains, I ended up wanting to scream at him for being so negative! I think we will steer clear of the subject of bikes for a few days.

No comments: