Thursday 13 March 2008

One of Those Days 06.02.08

It was one of those days. Robbie's first text of the day got him into enough trouble to last a week. Last month he promised me that he would seriously modify his language but this mornings text conveyed his feelings about Network Rail in the most strident terms. A couple of phone calls followed Robbie was ranting so much that he was almost incoherent but eventually I understood that none of their voyagers had been able to leave the depot at Central Rivers due to a total power failure. Robbie was so cross, everything was a total shambles, the departure boards at New Street announced that train after train had been cancelled and there was absolutely nothing they could do about it until Network Rail got their act together. I didn't realise that so many trains went off to Central Rivers for the night, it conjures up images in my mind of Thomas and his friends all tucked up in their sheds on the Island of Sodor

My own morning was a bit challenging too. Dave the cat went back to see the vet and we have arranged for him to go in on Friday to have treatment on his bad foot. As well as his usual supply of steroids and antibiotics the vet prescribed a probiotic because his other tablets upset his tummy. The vet said it would be simple to administer the dose from the syringe type dispenser into the side of his mouth. It proved easier said than done. He clamped his mouth shut, swore menacingly and lashed out with his claws. I don't give up easily and I eventually got the required dose into the cat's mouth, that was when the fun really began. Dave sneezed or spat the medication back at me! It cost more than powdered gold and I ended up wearing it - such gratitude!

No comments: