Thursday 13 March 2008

The Revenge of the Shirt! 11.03.08

Robbie likes watching a dreadful television program on Monday evenings, and having endured an hour of 'TV to top yourself by' earlier in the evening (Emmerdale and Eastenders) and I didn't have the inner strength to tolerate Skins later on. I decided to retreat to bed with my laptop and Radio 4. I had hardly started writing when the laptop made a couple of very odd noises, then it carried on as normal. I thought perhaps I had imagined it, but when I changed position it made the noise again, so I turned the laptop upside down to look at the base and it started to make a dreadful noise, like the noise made by those clip things that boys like to put on bicycle wheels. On closer inspection the cause of the problem became evident, there was a little plastic strip like a mini plant label, and it was catching in the fan. I could see it well through the wire mesh below the fans, but I would have to open the back to get it out - not a job for 11pm. I had another look this morning, I haven't decided what to do yet, but I have identified the offending article, that dreadful rainbow striped shirt is taking revenge on me for being so disparaging about it. The little plastic strip came from the shirt collar! I think I have worked out how it got into the computer but getting it out will be a bit more complicated. I hate that shirt, it has caused nothing but trouble since he bought it.

No comments: