Thursday 13 March 2008

To Ski or Not to Ski? 24.02.08

Sam arrived home on Saturday afternoon, I was really looking forward to having him home again. He had only been gone for a week but when he got off the coach he seemed taller and more grown up than I remembered. His face was tanned and he looked happy to see us, his first question was fairly predictable - "What's for tea?" The luggage was unloaded from the coach and we headed home with Sam's huge case bursting with enough washing to keep me busy for a week! In fact the only thing that remained neatly folded was the black bag that I had given Sam to put his dirty washing in. Typical boy!

I had taken advantage of Sam's absence to sort out his bedroom, to reorganise his clothes storage and to remove all the clothes that he has grown out of. So many things were crumpled or out of place that by the end of the week it felt as if I had laundered every single garment that he owns. It is so frustrating to see how many things no longer fit him, it seems as if I only bought some of them a few months ago, but at 13 he is doing a lot of growing.

He said he had a good time in Austria, and I think he was quite pleased that he was better at skiing than he expected. Interestingly he said he wouldn't want to do it again, but that doesn't matter, it is nice that he has had a chance to experience skiing. He said the food was really bad, but he is not very adventurous when it comes to food. It is great to have him home again.

No comments: