Sunday 23 March 2008

Help he is Driving Me Mad!

Help he is driving me mad! No, I don't mean Sam, Robbie is doing my head in. We finally have a weekend together without him dashing off to play trains so I hoped we could have a nice lazy family weekend. Our 'us' time on Saturday morning was spoiled by a dispute about 'the human windmill' waving his legs around and taking all the duvet. When I finally thought I had his undivided attention he chose exactly that moment to cut his toe nails! I retreated to the bathroom for a nice relaxing bath, with Radio 4 providing a little sanity in the background.

Saturday passed with Robbie eulogising about the marvels of Northern Ireland Railways. He went on and on about their various systems, I will spare you the details but top of his list of was that they don't have to suffer the tyranny of Network Rail! That makes him want to move to Northern Ireland right now! A bit later on he was sitting at his computer when he started to make strange roaring noises, I was just about to call for the men in white coats when he explained that he was making the noise of Castle Class 450's. Mistaking my horror for interest, he went on to explain the subtle difference between them and Thumpers - Im none the wiser, but if it pleases him to snore while he is awake I don't suppose I can do much about it.

Sunday morning was cold and snowy, I don't remember having snow on Easter day before! I decided that I was in no hurry to get up. Robbie put his arm around me, looked into my eyes and said "Argos tomorrow, they have a really good kitchen bin at half price". Great, looking into my eyes obviously makes him think of the kitchen bin! Sadly Robbie has never followed the adage 'when in a hole stop digging'. He continued to cuddle me and after a couple of minutes he said, "oh look, I've found a stretch mark" - It wasn't lost, unfortunately! I hope he has good health insurance because he makes me feel murderous at times. I wonder if anyone could train him, or maybe he is just unique!

No comments: