Wednesday 12 March 2008

Christmas Morning - by Robbie 26.12.07

Well, its Boxing day and we have had a brilliant Christmas. We all gathered in the lounge early on Christmas morning to watch the children open their presents. For weeks now Christine has been reminding me that we were not to buy each other anything for Christmas, not even anything small. The trouble is that Chris does SO much for me throughout the year it would be impossible for me to not buy her just a 'little' something. After everybody had opened their sacks Laura came down with a red Santa sack...for ME!!! OMG, she's done it again (I refer to Chris doing the same trick last year, think I'd learn by now...lol..) There was one big present sticking out of the sack and the shape of it set me thinking ....had she remembered my comments re the M&S Hornby limited edition Night Scot train set? Yes, you guessed it, she did! ....what a FANTASTIC surprise! But there were also another couple of surprises lurking.....two railway mugs! Chris knows I have a bit of a thing for railway mugs so she bought me TWO class 170 railways mugs, one for home and one for work (she thinks of everything..) they are GREAT mugs too!! I also got several railway videos, a book called Along Lost Lines which is packed with loads of information and photos about railway history. I opened two other packages and found 'lounge wear' (or PJ's according to Christine). I was initially dubious because I like to choose my own 'lounge wear' and these were not a brand I had bought before, but when I tried them on they were a perfect fit and really comfortable, for someone who hates shopping Christine had done an incredible job!

No comments: