Thursday 13 March 2008

Gremlins 08.02.08

My computer has been rather wayward in the last few days. My stored log on information kept getting lost and all sorts of odd or unexplained changes had really started to bug me. I began to wonder if my computer was possessed or if someone was hacking into it, so I decided to have an in depth look 'behind the scenes' to see what was really going on. It was a long and very boring job, but I traced the culprit - it was Robbie!! He obviously enjoys living dangerously! I have willingly shared my computer with him since his went wrong but I am not sure what led him to believe that he could fiddle with my settings! He had altered the configuration and I had stuff opening automatically at start up, he had even emptied my recycle bin. Allegedly all this was 'accidental' but I'm not convinced, he just cant resist twiddling with things. My computer is almost back to normal now, but I think Robbie's ears are still ringing, so hopefully he will not feel the need to twiddle with the settings in future.

No comments: