Thursday 13 March 2008

Obsessions 24.01.08

Most of the time I really don't mind about Robbie's obsession with trains and all things railway. After all, imagine how much trouble he would get in to if he didn't have his precious trains to distract him! I am used to hearing about the trivial details of every journey he takes, in fact it would be fair to say that the subject of trains dominates his thoughts. Of course there are limits, I had to get rather assertive about him taking his pager to bed and thankfully he doesn't do that anymore. Can you imagine what it was like, that thing poised on the bedside cabinet would vibrate and wake me up, sleeping beauty would be oblivious, prodding didn't work so I would pinch his bottom. He would then fling off the covers, turn on the light, read the pager out loud (just to make absolutely sure I was awake!), but then he would replace the pager and be 'Z'ing away again before his head hit the pillow, leaving me to reach across to turn out the light and recover the duvet before trying my best to get back to sleep. Often the whole process would be repeated before I had even dozed off again and by morning I was thinking murderous thoughts! The pager doesn't intrude into our private life anymore (or else!) but there is a new threat to my sanity, he has become obsessed with wnxx.com. No, it's ok, it's nothing dubious, it's a website about withdrawn and stored locomotives! Whenever I want help in the kitchen etc. I have to make an appointment because he is busy on wnxx, as if that isn't bad enough he then tells me all about it - scintillating!!

No comments: