Saturday 29 March 2008

Three to a seat

Saturday morning dawned a little too early for my liking, Robbie was far too cheerful and noisy, but at least he had made me a cup of tea and brought it back to bed. He was making train noises again, according to him it was the sound of a DRS Chopper starting up. It is just as well that he told me because it sounded more like Woody Woodpecker to me!

I tried to cling to sleep, but my efforts were futile because Robbie was chattering away happily about a rail tour that he is going on later in the year. When Robbie is excited he speaks even faster than usual and his accent is stronger. He assured me that this particular charter was going to be brilliant "because it is three to a seat". At least that is what I thought I said. I was horrified, thanks to Robbie I have come across more than my fair share of train enthusiasts and I wouldn't want to share a carriage with some of them, so the prospect of sharing a seat was truly appalling! I had a flash of sympathy for FGW passengers because that degree of overcrowding is a daily reality to some of them. Anyway it seems that my ears let me down - it's not surprising as they are severely over worked when Robbie is around! He had not said "to a seat" he had said "to the sea". It is a rail tour to the seaside.

www.spitfirerailtours.co.uk

No comments: