Thursday 13 March 2008

Déjà vu 16.01.08

I have a sense of déjà vu. It was January last year when high winds and bad weather resulted in travel chaos and Robbie's journey back from Leeds turned into a 10 hour endurance test. Today we have had high winds and the wrong kind of rain, the wet kind that causes floods. Some of the poor people who suffered flooding last year are facing more floods. Robbie is off to Cardiff in the morning and more rain is forecast, hopefully he will not get stranded in Wales, but you never know. He has given me a painfully detailed account of his journey plans, he seems quite excited about the journey because it is a route he doesn't usually take and it is a chance to travel on trains that he wouldn't usually encounter.

Disaster struck at home this morning, the kettle died! I can cope with most hardships, but I refuse to give up my cups of tea. Having ascertained that it wasn't the fuse I decided that it was beyond hope and I headed off to Tesco to replace it. I was amazed to find that they sell kettles for less than five pounds! Robbie has been bleating on about his cleaning cloth for his glasses which has (allegedly) been stolen, that's Robbie speak for 'lost' but I haven't bothered to argue the point. Apparently life is not worth living without his cleaning cloth and when he was having a 'man stress' at the weekend he vowed to crawl to Tesco's on his hands and knees because I had refused to take him. Well, I have saved him the trouble, he is now the proud owner of two new cleaning cloths (one for emergencies) so hopefully he will now find something more interesting to talk about, I am fed up with hearing about gasses and cleaning cloths. When I got home from shopping the new kettle was soon put to good use, nothing beats a good cup of tea.

No comments: