Thursday 13 March 2008

Getting Old? 20.02.08

Robbie said that his work colleagues have accused him of getting old - don't they have mirrors in Birmingham? On second thoughts, judging by some of the sights I have seen at New Street, they probably don't have mirrors. Apparently it is Robbie's choice of podcasts that led them to suggest that he was old and boring. I can't see anything wrong with Farming Today, the Archers and Woman's Hour, in fact we have Radio 4 in every room at home (even the bathroom). Anyway he can't be old, because that would make me even older and I'm not ready to deal with that yet.

Robbie says that people at work start doing strange things when they get old, like having pictures of their partners on their desks, wearing those horrible brown suede shoes and horror of horrors they listen to Radio 2! Robbie may be a bit 'unique' but I haven't noticed any dodgy footwear, he is certainly not a Radio 2 person and I hate having my picture taken so there is no danger of us becoming the next Howard and Hilda just yet!

Judging by Robbie's mates I think the railways attract more than their fair share of 'characters' and young or old they are a little odd. This evening Robbie was chatting online to a friend who happily announced that he had been playing with battleships in his bath! All I can say is ...beware of men in white coats!

No comments: