Thursday 13 March 2008

Inside Information 28.01.08

On Saturday evening Robbie looked up from his computer and told me excitedly that he had some inside information. From his expression I thought it would be something really exciting, but I was disappointed, he announced that plain chocolate HobNobs were to be re-released and re named as Dark Chocolate HobNobs. Since I don't like HobNobs and I don't like dark chocolate, the announcement was of little interest to me and I retreated to bed. In the morning I was hardly awake when Robbie made his first random observation of the day. He asked if I knew that you could now get DCC with sound (train noises), no I didn't know or care! He went on to say that the noise was not accurate because it was only engine noise and not carriage noise. I turned the radio up and retreated back under the covers, leaving Robbie to continue his monologue without an audience.

He was in trouble with the children this morning. He had a very early start and just before 5am he was galloping around the house in his knickers like a furious and very heavy footed troll - Rumpelstiltskin perhaps! He put the radio on and he was humming as he rampaged around, so poor Emily was wide awake much earlier than necessary. Robbie left the house soon after 5.30am so Emily didn't have time to plan her revenge. He was going somewhere in the north, I'm not sure where, I don't always take that much notice! Emily and I had an early journey too, I took her to Kettering to get the train back to Leicester, it was thick fog and the journey was rather challenging but I managed to get home by 7am so that I could make sure that the others were up and ready to leave the house on time.

No comments: