Thursday 13 March 2008

Too Much Detail - Again! 11.02.08

It has been a strange morning. Long before 6am Robbie came to sit on the bed to chat about trains. Apparently he has been offered the chance to be involved with another charter trip, he rambled on about tractors, but I'm fairly sure he was talking about engines rather than Massey Ferguson's or John Deere's. He wanted his pass signed and he obviously thought he would need to grovel, but at that time of the morning I wasn't too interested in what he was planning to do, it was the free 'respite' that attracted my attention. I readily agreed, in fact I even asked if he could stay a bit longer!

I took Emily to Kettering station at just after 6am and Robbie came with us as he was heading for a meeting in London. He talked non stop about train timetables all the way to Kettering and every attempt to shut him up proved futile. Just before I dropped them off at Kettering Robbie announced that it was his 10th anniversary, ten years since he started working for CrossCountry. The journey to Kettering was OK but the journey back was more challenging because thick fog had developed in the short time since I drove there, I don't enjoy driving in fog.

I received an excited phone call from Robbie when he got to St Pancras. Believe it or not he actually rang just to tell me that the toilets at the station were now free!! He obviously took full advantage of the facilities because he described them in great detail. My week will be so much better for knowing that!

No comments: