Thursday 27 March 2008

Over Dressed

Robbie went to a gig last night, to see a group called Be Your Own Pet, he has seen them before so he must have thought it worth the effort of going to the gig. He tends to like loud and tuneless music, there are a few groups that we both like, but generally if I like it he doesn't and vice versa. I picked him up at the station at midnight and he could hardly walk, his legs were killing him because of all that standing around. He insists that he is not too old to go to gigs, but I do worry about him, his legs hurt and his ears play him up for days afterwards, I can't understand why anyone would do that for pleasure!

Just when I was thinking that I was on a winning streak with Sam and his school shoes he found a new issue for me to worry about. He was obviously acting as Robbie's understudy this morning, still flitting around in his PJ's fifteen minutes before we needed to leave the house. He finally appeared in the lounge fully dressed, in fact he was a little too fully dressed, he had his uniform black trousers, white shirt, tie black blazer and lurid green belt! I insisted that the belt had to go but he was adamant that it would be fine, after another verbal spat I won and the belt was reluctantly returned to his bedroom to be reunited with his jeans. By the time I dropped him at school he managed to look approximately tidy and he was very reluctantly wearing his new school shoes. I wonder what new challenge he will manage to come up with tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi just been catching up on your last few days. I think you deserve a medal!! Has Robbbie's problem ever been diagnosed?

Driving to Plymoth always seems like travelling to the a***hole of the world. Just when you think, it can't be any further, you find you've just got to Exeter and you still have the switchback of the
A38 to contend with! But then in June Simon moves back to Faslane and that is just taking the P. It's not just half a day away, it's another climate!!!

Linda x.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/GeorgeMansions/

Anonymous said...

Has Robbie's problem ever been diagnosed? Well, that's the big question, I suspect he could keep a psychiatrist busy for months, but I presume you were referring to the problems with his legs and back. After his last visit to the hospital they said that the tests showed that the pain and falling over is related to his spina bifida, but he now has to have an MRI scan to see what is going on. They were not hopeful about being able to do much to help.

Christine