Thursday 13 March 2008

The Love of His Life 23.01.08

Robbie is abandoning me for the love of his life - Royal Scots Grey (its a train!). He came home today with this long (and exceeding boring) tale about a special charter and how he would love to go. It was one of those times when I couldn't get a word in, I'm used to it by now, so I just sat there trying to look interested and wondering how he could possibly speak for so long without breathing. He took my silence as disapproval and he spent the rest of the evening trying to subtly turn the conversation back to his beloved train and how wonderful the charter would be. Robbie doesn't do subtle, but it was incredibly funny watching him try, better than TV in fact! He has just told me what a 'special lady she is' and how 'all cranks have a special engine' he couldn't see why I found that so funny. Well, I have spent many hours being shown pictures of that train and I can't see what leads him to think it is female, it is quite obviously male! Anyway, I don't have a problem with him going if he wants to, if he had given me a chance to speak I would have told him that, but it was fun watching him squirm!!

No comments: