Wednesday 19 December 2007

Industrial Injury? 09.01.07

Robbie came home in a foul mood today. He got so wound up that I learned a couple of 'new words' when he was telling me what had annoyed him so much. I think the term incandescent with rage more or less sums it up! What was the cause of his fury? It was an organisation that regularly has me on my soapbox -the most recent episode was on Monday when I was reading the latest copy of Rail. It isn't really hard to guess - it's Network Rail!!

Every time the I hear the name Network Rail I can feel my blood pressure going through the roof and Robbie's blood pressure must have been stratospheric this evening! I wonder if it could be classed as an industrial injury?! At least I only have to share the same planet with them - and that's challenging enough when they talk such rubbish, but Robbie has to deal with them every day! It is enough to drive him mad.

At least he had plenty to distract him this evening. He went to a Sixth Form open evening with Laura. She wanted to see what the facilities were like at our local boy's school, but she had no real intention of moving from her own school which in my opinion offers a better package and will equip her better for university. She wanted to take Robbie with her rather than me because her friends like him, his accent makes them laugh and they think he is really cool.

No comments: