Wednesday 19 December 2007

Troublesome Trains 09.01.07


Robbie is being really boring this evening, he is sitting at the table working on the summer timetable, apparently he can't get the necessary trains in the right place on a Friday night ready for the Saturday timetable. He says he needs to download a podcast of Woman's Hour before he comes to bed. When we met he used to tease me about listening to Radio 4, now he is addicted to Woman's Hour! it really is a mad, mad world.

He is trying to keep busy so that I can't give him a hard time about his behaviour last night. I went to bed well after midnight, but Robbie still had to pack his briefcase - it is a Sunday night ritual, he empties everything out of it then packs it all back again. It is a very time consuming operation, like refitting a tardis! You would be amazed what that man feels compelled to carry around with him every day.

I must have drifted off to sleep because the next thing I remember was thunderous footsteps and our bedroom door being thrown open with such force that it banged against the wall. He called my name loudly, but I chose to remain asleep, after bellowing across the room twice more with no response, he plodded across the room, leaned over me and shook me. He called my name again and shook me, then he asked me if I was asleep! He could have woken the dead by that point, but I chose to stick with my sleepy state and he got no response. He stood up and had a little chat with himself, confirming that I was asleep, then he trundled off to the bathroom. I opened one eye to look at the clock and to my horror it was past 3am! He will need more than his trains rearranging if he does that again!!

No comments: