Monday 3 December 2007

Body Work

We were cuddled up in bed this morning listening to the radio, when I was treated to the first 'Random Robbie' of the day. With the morning service playing in the background he said "I know we are always really busy, but do you know what I would really like to do".
After a brief pause he continued "I would like to take up modelling again"
Suddenly I was fully awake, I wondered if there was something wrong with my hearing, surely he hadn't really said modelling? Robbie has a nice body, but the 'Burgess Belly' is hard to ignore. The children often tease him for walking around with his hand on his hip, but I had never thought of him as modelling material - unless of course they are thinking of a Homer Simpson range!I realised that Robbie was still talking, something about base boards and track. A wave of relief swept over me as I realised that he was talking about railway modelling! I quite enjoy his enthusiasm for model trains, we already have 5 crates and several boxes of trains stashed away in the bedroom, I don't suppose a few more will make much difference.

No comments: