Tuesday 4 December 2007

Bathroom Blues

I stayed in bed too long this morning and ended up with backache. To make matters worse I had to lay the new floor covering in the bathroom, it isn't difficult just awkward. Robbie, as I have mentioned before is not the most practical man, but he is very enthusiastic!

Against my better judgement I ended up trapped in a confined space armed with a wayward roll of vinyl and a stanley knife. Robbie dressed only in PJ bottoms was there to 'talk' me through the process! All went well for ten minutes or so, then I made the mistake of asking for a bit of practical help in manoeuvring the vinyl around the lavatory. Robbie just doesn't have the gentle touch, and before I could say anything to stop him, he had pulled the base of the loo away from the soil pipe. I acted quickly to avoid a full scale flood, and we managed to fix the problem. I don't swear but I must admit to raising my voice and indulging in some rather unpleasant thoughts! Following the maxim 'when in a hole stop digging' Robbie beat a hasty retreat to make me a nice (much needed) cup of tea, while I got on with the floor.

Despite the mishap the floor is now laid and Robbie has worked hard to get the bathroom organised again. I couldn't wish for a better husband, I may get frustrated with him for five minutes but I can never stay cross for long.

No comments: