Monday 10 December 2007

It's a Date! 06.01.07

We had to do the supermarket shop today because we are still not back into a proper routine. The shop was too busy for my liking, I prefer to shop on a quieter day. Robbie was a bit challenging because I bought more frozen stuff than usual and it put his trolley packing out and he gets very upset if I change things. I get quite frustrated with him at times and it is a miracle that he survived the checkouts today!

Later in the afternoon I was eating a date - left over from Christmas. Robbie has never tasted a date - apparently they don't have anything so exotic in the north! He asked me where they came from, it was on the tip of my tongue to say Tesco, when I realised he was asking about their origin. I thought he was teasing me, but when I told him that they grew on date palms he wouldn't believe me. He was deeply suspicious about it and in the end he had to look it up on the internet before he would believe that dates grow on palm trees (Phoenix dactylifera to be exact).

His head is crammed with a diverse and mostly irrelevant collection of facts, but just occasionally we stumble across something that he doesn't know anything about. I can guarantee that he will know so much about dates by Monday that he will bore his workmates to the point of tears - so beware, you have been warned!

No comments: