Monday 3 December 2007

A Man of Many Words

One of the things I found attractive about Robbie when we first met was his voice – especially on the telephone. I don’t recall having too many problems with his accent, but most of my family behaved as if he was speaking in a foreign language. The problem is that when he gets excited or enthusiastic he speaks much faster and he is harder to understand. Robbie is a man of many words; his philosophy seems to be to uses as many words as possible in the hope that a few of them make sense! My mum finds him especially hard to understand. We often visit her on a Sunday and Robbie chats away about all sorts of things, sometimes I notice my mum wearing a polite but confused expression and she has to ask me what he was saying. Much to her amusement I can often distil five or ten minutes of Robbie’s conversation in to one sentence!

No comments: