Tuesday 4 December 2007

Thoughts on Football

My post about Robbie's Walsall football shirt has prompted a number of people to suggest that I don't like football. My problem on that occasion was nothing to do with football, it was the 'vision in pink' who was expecting to be allowed out of the house looking like that.

I come from a town which calls it's football team the 'Cobblers' for good reason! Some people will suggest that it is because we were historically a centre of shoe manufacture, but you only have to watch them play to see that they live up to their name! I support Arsenal because they are fun to watch and they are much easier on the eye than any of the other teams! I don't watch much sport on TV, I have better things to do, but I enjoy watching Arsenal play and I love watching snooker. I detest tennis because the noise of the balls drives me mad and motor racing is too noisy and totally pointless.

So what does all this rambling about sport have to do with Robbie. Well, several people have asked how I put up with him. I don't 'put up' with him, I love him and we have a great time together, he may not be very practical, but that doesn't matter. He isn't interested in sport, so we have lots of time for family things. He is kind, funny, thoughtful, sensitive and he is interested in all sorts of things. Some of his qualities are less obvious to the casual observer, but if you can't work out why he is special, you are missing something!

No comments: