Tuesday 4 December 2007

Questions, Questions!

I sometimes wonder if I am just talking to myself when I write my blog entries, nobody ever leaves any comments. So I just write about the things that amuse or infuriate me. Having included a couple of entries about Sam I realised that 'the saying's of Sam' are almost as priceless as 'Robbie's ramblings'. Writing about Sam prompted me to revisit my old diary entries and before long I was helpless with laughter. Below is part of a diary entry from March 2004 when Sam was 9.

I was faced with one of those `go and ask your father questions' this evening. After I had struggled to unpack the car and put the shopping away Sam wandered into the kitchen and said "Mum" in that ominous tone that children are so good at."I have been meaning to ask you something, what are tampons for?"
I was exhausted and not really in the mood for deep and meaningful discussions so I played for time and asked what had prompted that question. He looked a bit sheepish and said"Actually mum I know what they are for, they are a special kind of firelighter. I just can't work out why they sell so many of them at Safeways".
I was about to reach for the phone, surely this was a case for `men in white coats' but suddenly it all started to make sense. Sam confessed that he had gone into Emily's room and watched her video of the Survivor TV series and that is where he had seen them used as firelighters. I was afraid I would burst out laughing so I sent him off with a biscuit and postponed the discussion until later!

No comments: