Tuesday 8 January 2008

Stormy Forecast 09.01.07




I despair of Robbie. He will be 35 in a couple of months, but when it comes to understanding women he is absolutely clueless. He has noticed that I am feeling a little 'cool' this evening, I think most people could work out why, but not Robbie! We were having a cuddle when I noticed his eyes stray towards the clock. He said 'Oh no!' and pulled away from me as if I had suddenly developed leprosy. I assumed that it must have been something really important to provoke a reaction like that, but he explained that he was upset because he had missed the end of an ebay auction. He wasn't even bidding on a train, it was only a book about the shipping forecast! That certainly illustrated where I come in his list of priorities. Maybe the next time I notice it, I will tell him that the bedroom ceiling needs painting, then we will see how he feels.

Actually the prospect of Robbie armed with a paint brush running amok in the bedroom is sufficient incentive for me to keep my observations to myself, but you get the idea! Robbie eventually noticed that I wasn't overjoyed about coming a poor second to ebay, but his reaction just made matters worse. He remained glued to his laptop and read to me from a web site that had caught his eye. It was the Encyclopaedia of Modern Traction Names - scintillating!! At least it showed me how to get Robbie to understand women, the only way to get his attention would be to write the instructions on the side of a train!!

No comments: