Tuesday 4 December 2007

Christmas Presents

It was Sam's birthday yesterday, he was 12. He had a lovely day and was pleased with his presents. It was also Emily's last concert before Christmas, Robbie went to the concert while I took Sam out for a birthday treat. Now that our other commitments are out of the way I need to get properly organised for Christmas. At the present rate of progress I should be just about ready by the end of February!
The tree is finally up (now that we have a floor to put it on!). The present shopping is all done, but the final food shop still has to be done so I think we will venture out to Tesco's for some late night shopping tonight. Robbie is stressing about it already. He is very obsessive about how food is stored in the fridge and freezers, if I put the shopping away he takes it all out and repacks it. It doesn't bother me, it saves me a job and it keeps him out of trouble! He still gets a bit wound up about getting food in the right size containers so that they fit the fridge properly but I don't take any notice, I have developed a very useful deaf ear!
Choosing a suitable Christmas present for Robbie is easy enough, but keeping it secret is much more challenging. After the incident with the flooring I ought to buy him a new tape measure! A little bird told me that he has been alleging that there wasn't that much excess after the flooring was fitted. All I can say is that it is blocking the hall and it is too heavy for me to move on my own. How can he be so precise with his train planning and so haphazard with things at home? You will have to wait until Christmas to find out what Santa will bring for Robbie, I can't write it on the blog because he is bound to read it.

No comments: