Monday 3 December 2007

In the Dog House

Robbie has been 'in the dog house' for a few days. Being a man it took him about three days to notice my irritation and when he finally became aware of my displeasure he had no idea what he had done wrong. This annoyed me even more and I left him to work it out, an inspired decision as it turned out, because in the process of working it out he revealed a number of transgressions that I was totally unaware of! After about 4 days, he still didn't have a clue what was bothering me and even when I told him it was a 'sin of omission' he was clueless. I know he's a train planner, but I didn't think I would have to provide him with a diagram to help him work it out!
It wasn't exactly a minor issue, he had ripped up the lounge carpet and carted it off to the tip, but he had just left the floor bare with the furniture all in the wrong place and he had made no attempt to order or even discuss new floor covering! The little matter of Christmas looming on the horizon and just the need for some sort of order was really getting me down. Having had the problem spelled out for him he had difficulty finding a window in his busy schedule because he is going to a model railway exhibition today. Thank goodness for late night shopping, the floor covering is ordered and normal service has been resumed!

No comments: