Monday 10 December 2007

Feeling Blue

The run up to Christmas was totally exhausting for us and we have enjoyed the gentler pace of the last few days. Having caught up on our sleep, we have been able to cope with a few late nights. Robbie is working his way through some of the new train dvd's he had for Christmas, last night we stayed up until past 2am watching old railway films. This inevitably led to waking up late and a lazy morning watching more railway stuff. We watched a film about Cornish branch lines, it was made in 1991 and it was interesting to see how things have changed since, as well as learning loads about the history of the railway in Cornwall. It is the area of the country that I know best and I have travelled on most of the branches, so the film was extra special. Robbie had to spoil it by being an anorak, sitting on the bed wearing nothing but a quail map and arguing with the narrator about the exact length of the various viaducts. Eventually he worked out that I was getting seriously irritated and he decided to preserve his health by being quiet, just as well really as he was in danger of wearing the dvd - internally!

Robbie is very helpful around the house, but occasionally his enthusiasm exceeds his skill. He has been getting on with the washing over the last few days, bless him. I should be grateful, but I was tempted to do a great deal more than bless him when I realised that he had turned my best white bra grey in the wash. He tried to claim it was 'blue white' but I am not that easily conned!! He will be shopping for underwear next week, he is quite good at that, he seems to enjoy lingering in the lingerie department! We are an odd pair, I hate clothes shopping, but he absolutely loves it.

Robbie has had a number of little mishaps in the last few days. To spare his blushes I will not go into detail, but much as I love him and enjoy spending time, I could do with a day off!! As soon as we go back to work I will be wishing it was the holidays again, but I suppose life is always like that.

No comments: