Saturday 16 August 2008

Mistaken Identity!

You may be wondering why I haven't written about Robbie for a few days, well maybe that's because it wouldn't have been positive. Not content with taking the weekend off in the middle of our holiday to go on one of his rail tours, he has talked about it non stop since Monday. On Monday when we went to Norwich on the train he begged me to let him have a day on the North Norfolk Railway next week. I think my response made it clear that he was pushing his luck, because he hasn't mentioned it since! Anyway we had to get up early this morning so that I could deliver Robbie to North Walsham station. Believe it or not he had even planned a diversion to his journey so that he could go back to Northampton to have his hair cut!

Sam and I had a very nice day, we went to Stalham and then on to a car boot sale. It was very hot and sunny and it was fun to wander around looking at all the stalls. Sam decided to buy a few pre decimal coins from one of the stalls, he was fascinated by the old pennies and he bought several.. As we drove home in the car he looked at his coins and asked why we used to have a picture of Lenin on our coins. I was puzzled until we stopped at traffic lights and I was able to have a quick look at the penny in question. It wasn't Lenin, it was Edward VII! I think they must be getting something wrong at school when Russian history is more familiar to a thirteen year old than their own British history.

No comments: