Sunday 31 August 2008

Leaving Home

Robbie is totally frustrated by the restricted train timetable between Northampton and Rugby. He was out of sorts by Wednesday and positively evil by Thursday morning. He ranted and raved because he claimed that I hadn't ironed any shirts for him, I had, there were at least five ironed shirts but I had forgotten to look into my crystal ball and predict what he would want to wear on Thursday. After a meaningful exchange of views his ironing privileges were withdrawn and I threatened to starch his underwear if he continued to annoy me.

Friday is the only chance that Robbie and I have to spend a weekday evening together, so I was less than amused when Robbie didn't get back to Northampton until 8.30pm! I wouldn't have minded quite so much if I had known before I cooked his meal but apparently the phone connection between Birmingham and Northampton is as unreliable as the train service!!

When Robbie surfaced on Saturday he was still behaving like a bear with a sore head and I was totally fed up with his behaviour. I refuses to accept his lame apology, as far as I am concerned “I'm sorry but you shouldn't wind me up” is not an apology it is an excuse. He decided to leave home and packed a rucksack while I watched with interest. It reminded me of the time that Laura left home when she was about three. She took her Edd the Duck rucksack, a noddy cuddly toy, four packets of raisins and a carton of fruit juice. She forgot to take a coat, but as she only went as far as the garden shed she didn't really need it! Robbie packed his laptop and his ipod, but I knew he didn't intend to leave because he didn't pack any clean underwear! He was furious when he realised that I wasn't taking him seriously, but in the end we had to laugh about it.

Once we were friends again you may have expected Robbie to have a few loving thoughts to share, but in his own unique way Robbie surprised me with a completely random comment. He informed me that when he was a child his mum had a Hoover Junior, he then asked if I remembered the Hoover Senior because his grandmother had one of those. I replied that I didn't and I wasn't especially interested in the history of vacuum cleaners. The next time I checked my email he had sent me links to three sites about old vacuum cleaners. Why does he have to be quite so unique?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh well, another quiet weekend in the world of Robbie..lol:)