Friday 22 August 2008

Going Round in Circles!

You will never guess what Robbie made me do today. He had me driving around in circles looking for the site of a station that doesn't exist any more. It is my own fault really, at the car boot sale last week I bought him a book about the railways in Norfolk and ever since then he has talked about long forgotten routes and stations that closed before he was even born. It has got him into trouble several times - especially when he chose a very inopportune moment to turn over and start reading his railway book! Anyway he became obsessed with finding the exact site of Mundesley station and when we were at Cromer today he bought yet another railway book that pinpointed the precise location. So on the way back from Cromer we had to go and see the place where the station once stood, there was nothing to see but it seemed to satisfy him – he's weird!



As well as his train book he bought another jigsaw in Cromer, it probably will not come as a surprise that the jigsaw had a railway theme! Sam and I had a good time, I spent ages looking at the books in a shop that sells old books, I could spend days looking at those books, Sam was happy too he bought a graphic novel and more old coins. We also had time to enjoy the sea and to visit Sam's favourite ice cream stall.

No comments: