Sunday 10 August 2008

Alarm Call

I got the car packed and ready on Friday evening, and only a few last minute bits and bobs were left to do on Saturday morning. I wanted to hoover and tidy up before we left because things always get a bit chaotic while you are packing. It was too late to hoover that evening so Robbie said he would get up early in the morning to do it while I finished packing the car. When the alarm went off Robbie turned over and ignored it, I prodded him, poked him, pinched his bottom and his only response was a scattering of obscenities I let the alarm go on and on, but he just buried his head under the duvet so I took the duvet away and he curled up in a ball. I was so tempted to go and get a bucket of water, but I restrained myself, I just yelled at him instead. He finally plodded off to the shower still muttering obscenities I was so cross, and I was determined that I wasn't going to do all the work, after all he could sleep through the journey, but I had to do all the driving. I blame his job, they work him into the ground with early starts, late nights and impossible deadlines, then I'm left with a useless wreck. Well, they'd better watch out – the fight back has begun!

Robbie survived his difficult start to the day, but he had his fortune told in no uncertain terms. We didn't leave quite as early as planned, but when we finally got on the road we had a good journey. It is so nice to be in Norfolk again, I love the bungalow and it is really special to be so close to the sea.

No comments: